Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sabbath


And Peter said unto them, Repent and be baptised every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the holy ghost ~ Acts 2:38




I have to tell the story this week!! This is Shoto - he was one of our homestay students. He lived with us for 3 months. We never push or expect students to live as we do. We just carry on our normal lifes and most students love to join in with Family Home Evening, Prayers and the many activities we attend at church (esp when my husband was the YSA Bishop!!)

Many students feel something stir in their hearts. We get comments like this is the best family, I wish my parents were like this, I wish I had been taught good values in a Family Home Evening, and when a student was late one night - Oh no I missed "Singing Night!!" (FHE!! hee hee)

This is the first person I have had the priveledge of introducing the gospel to that has eventually come to baptism. I was so happy.

I wish Shoto the very best as he returns to Japan and hope that he finds much happiness, peace and friends in Japan as he has had here.

6 comments:

Jan said...

That is so fantastic Bobbie. There is such a great spirit in sharing the Gospel. I am grateful that you were there for him to find it. Great choice young man.

Creole Wisdom said...

You are a wonderful missionary. As a convert myself it is members like you who make ALL THE DIFFERENCE!

And I found you through CJane, by the way : )

I have always wanted to visit Australia, so I already love your blog.

chelle said...

What a diamond you are. The real deal; no cubic zirconium here! Thanks for starting my Sabbath off on the right note, as always. Much love. M

Janell said...

That is so awesome!!!! Congrats to this young man, and what a feeling that must be for your family - how awesome!

tiki_lady said...

The best way to share the gospel is through example. Isn't it wonderful to bring someone to the the gospel. You and your family are great.

mylittlegems said...

I am going to join w/ your sabbath posts- such a great and inspiring idea- thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...