Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Cherry Slice



I think I have a new addiction of photographing food.. esp if it is yummy!! I really enjoy trying to get a good photo of delicious treats :)Though it was late afternoon by the time I finished this slice the light was not so kind to me :)

Now I tried to google this recipe for you (as it is from my memory) but it was nowhere to be found. Must be a secret Grandma recipe :) After trying this slice at a church activity like 8 years ago, the woman told me verbally how she made it, and I tried to remember.. so I take no responsibility if yours doesn't turn out :) I saw some bottled cherries on sale this week and it made me crave Cherry Slice :)

Cherry Slice

Make your biscuit base - anyway you like
One of my fav's is

1 1/2 cup plain flour
3/4 cup dessicated coconut
3/4 cup brown sugar
125 g melted butter

combine ingredients and press into slice pan and bake 10 mins until golden

Cherry Topping

Canned or bottled pitted Cherries (juice and all)
1/4 cup Jam (any type - I used plum)(Jelly for you US people)
3 tbs custard powder
1/2 cup sugar (add more if you dont like the cherries tart)

Mix all ingredients in saucepan until thick. Pour mixture over biscuit base. Refridgerate.

Serve with cream or icecream or plain


I was so eager to eat this, that the one in the photo is not quite set. This morning when I ate it for breakfast again it was more jellified and easily cut into slices.

4 comments:

Calamity Cookie said...

oh that looks so delicious. I love your new profile photo.

Karyn said...

The pics are very professional looking and would whet my appetite to make it up, if it were in a cook book. Very nice. I prefer those messy faced shots of you eating yummy treats though.

katy said...

i know what you mean about photographing food. it is such an easy subject as it's still :)

Cherry and coconut?? Count me in!

BindiM said...

It looks delicious! I think I have a jar of cherries in the pantry that has been waiting (unknowingly) to be used just for this.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...