Wednesday, October 21, 2009

From Little Things Big Things Grow

My wonderful Nanna (the girls great grandma) knits cute little outfits for me each time I have a baby - but babies grow so fast and barely wear them! I have a pile of knitted cuteness which usually ends up in the girls doll dress up box.

About 2 years ago I filed away the cutest cot decorating idea from Nie Nie Dialogues into the recesses of my brain and the idea came back to me as I was staring at these lovely handmade knitted outfits - I have to show them off! See the ideaHere on Nie Nie including a tour of her old house at cookie.

As much as I would LOVE to wash them and shrink them I just couldn't bring myself to do it on purpose! So I chose some little sweaters and matching booties and strung them on some twine. Tie onto cot ~ and voila ~ instant cuteness!! Though I suppose this idea is only for when they are little.. once they get bigger and can use their hands it will be destroyed :(

I usually like to keep my babies next to me until they are about 6 months old. I love having them sleep near by and I am the laziest mother out there - so I pick em up crane style from the crib next to me and feed them while I am still basically asleep!!

But Miss N is one noisy baby! wiggly windy baby... So she has been put in the beautifully decorated Cot ~ NEXT DOOR! - well in her sisters room across the hall - better sleep for all now ~ But oh I miss her!!

She still gets smuggled in at 3am and ends up staying curled up with me till 5am ~ Can't be too strict now ~ She is probably my last baby and oh how I want to eat her up ~

From Little things big things grow - and I just want her to stay this way!!

This is also inspiring me to do a little more decorating. None of the girls have ever really had a decorated matching type room - basically they just have second hand bits and pieces.

So from little things big things grow - I am going to move on to making some cute bunting for the room - maybe like this? And some matching canvas art - I just have to think of a pattern or idea - Baboushka's? Flowers? Dinosaurs? Birds?

Let the Ideas Grow...

2 comments:

Delightful Domestic Science said...

Great post! Wasn't that nienie idea the best?! Bunting is really fun to make by the way!
xx
H

Cowan Family said...

Bobbie it looks so cute!! Well done. Do you remember Amy Young from the sunshine coast? Well she's married and obviously goes by a different name but - when you mentioned making punting I immediatley thought of her because she's just started a business and checking out her site will give you a myriad of ideas to decorate the girls' rooms and I think you have the artistic knack to pull it off!
http://tinytreasuresbydesign.wordpress.com/
Her stuff is gorgeous! *sigh*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...