Monday, February 22, 2010

The War

old photo that I thought suited this post -
I turn my back whilst they are painting-10 mins later...


On Sunday afternoon the girls were playing with a castle set we own. (after we cajoled them into playing with something and stop annoying us) They were setting up walls, people, catapault, horses etc.


Miss A walked across the room to fetch another toy when she came back she said


"Oh... did I miss the war?"


The Mr and I laughed. It was so funny.


Parenting I think is similar, it may feel like a strategic war, but when looked back upon it will feel but a blink of an eye -over too quickly. I don't want to have any regrets.


I know my posts are the same old. Rehashing the same topic in a variety of different ways. I might try to stop. But honestly nothing else too exciting is happening here at the moment. The only thing happening is me thinking. Me thinking about how I am not doing enough. Yet sadly I don't do anything about it. Lazy.

I might have to ban myself from the computer. I would more than like to ban myself from cleaning and cooking instead but then we would live in an even worse mess. I need a strategy for my life! I might have to make a schedule for play time. I might have to push my kids (and me!) to go out more to play.


I feel guilt everytime my neighbour takes miss A for a walk. She walks her dog daily. Bike rides with her daughter, takes mine on walks to the river, takes her swimming, takes her hiking, taught her how to ride a bike. She doesn't allow them tv, but to creatively play (they don't do it when I ask... but if she does.. oh .. obedience...grrrrr) Ahhh the guilt I feel because I am more than happy to sit at home. (given, my neighbour only has one child, and says it is good to take mine too, to keep hers company)


I don't enjoy playing with my kids and I need to find that enjoyment. My excuse is that it is just too hot. Once it cools down a bit, we will be more active. Hopefully, but then it won't be too long till its too cold :D It seems to be ridiculous to be a stay home mum and not enjoy playing. It's crazy hard to explain cause I do like being silly and mucking around, crafting or setting up for play... I just don't like to have to direct play. Play kids....Go do it yourself.. it aint that hard is it?


Though to be kind to myself I say the first year after a baby is pretty much a write off. Often it is too hard to go many places because she is sleeping or feeding or burping. I will be kind and say that I sometimes amaze myself at being able to get out the door with four kids. I don't know how people with more than 6 would even manage it!



I'm in a war.. a strategical war.


Am I winning? I don't know. But



I don't want to miss the fight.


**No disrespect to anyone who has been in an actual war. Of course parenthood isn't one zillionth near the sad tragedy of real war. My utmost respect and admiration to those who serve their country.

2 comments:

likeschocolate said...

I would not feel to quilty about your neighbor taking your daughter for a walk. She must really enjoy it and I am sure it is a blessing to her as it is to you. It gives her the opportunity to serve. Don't be so harsh on yourself. I think as women in the church we get caught up in trying to be supermoms. There are time and seasons for everything. From the looks of your blog that I have been reading over the last couple of weeks. I think you are a fantastic mom.

likeschocolate said...

I would not feel to quilty about your neighbor taking your daughter for a walk. She must really enjoy it and I am sure it is a blessing to her as it is to you. It gives her the opportunity to serve. Don't be so harsh on yourself. I think as women in the church we get caught up in trying to be supermoms. There are time and seasons for everything. From the looks of your blog that I have been reading over the last couple of weeks. I think you are a fantastic mom.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...