Monday, August 9, 2010

I'll remember

Phew! That was hard work (24 hrs old)
Photo Credit: Zanabelle Photography


Part Two: What I tried to forget all day.


At 1:02pm today I'll remember. I'll remember the little one placed in my arms.


I'll remember that even though I thought she would come that day (I woke up feeling funny, but no pain)


I'll remember that I dropped her sisters to school.


Then I went to the drs for my 40 week check up.


I'll remember telling him that I 'felt funny' but no contractions or the like yet.


I'll remember an hour later contractions started


I'll remember I was all alone (I sent the MR to work even though I knew)


I'll remember that the contractions weren't so bad, so I didnt tell anyone to come quick.


I'll remember that that soon changed and they got worse quickly.


I'll remember that The Mr caught a cab home and my mum drove from a party



I'll remember that there were no beds in the inn (ie hospital)


I'll remember being alone with the MR when my waters broke and he went off to 'find a nurse'


I'll remember that they quickly found us a birthing suite when I said I had to push


I'll remember that the midwives introduced themselves to me AFTER I had a baby


I'll remember that I delivered a baby 2 mins after stepping into a birthing suite


I'll remember that baby number four only took an hour or so.




And for THAT I am grateful! Kindest baby I've had so far!
Which is WHY I don't mind remembering this one.


Gah! They grow too quick.


And I'll Remember that over time the pain is long forgotten!

1 comment:

Karyn Clark said...

What a special story. This is just the sort of story every expectant mum needs to hear. Three cheers for the beautiful birthing story.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...