Tuesday, March 15, 2011

It's the most wonderful time of the year...

my deck is sadly always covered in laundry.. might as well enjoy it too....


Did I tell you I love this time of year?

There is ACTUALLY a cool breeze around. I love it.

I really do think we have the best weather here in Australia.

Sure its unbareably hot for two months of the year. But the other 10 months are pretty perfect in my opinion. Like right now. There is just this wonderful slight crispness to the morning and afternoon.

I love to sit on my deck and enjoy it.

It also reminds me that Easter is on its way!

I might also be excited because I made some of these today. They're so cute!


Every year (usually after) I vow to celebrate Pancake Tuesday the next year.


I'm gonna do it.

And every year I forget till after the fact or the night of.

Then I lament and The Mr says But we don't celebrate Lent.

Us Mormons deny ourselves plenty all year long.

But who doesn't like pancakes??? Or a day designated to eat them??

It's also a good way to remind yourself that Easter is only 40ish days away.



I'm kinda glad Easter is late this year. I always get caught unawares when its in the beginning of April. I turn the calendar page and arrggggg Easter is only a week away! Last year I decided to try and put as much effort into Easter as I do Christmas. Since we do Christmas stuff the whole of December, I've decided to do Easter things the whole of April.

I thought I would put up a list to remind me, and you if you want to join in.

I've started collecting egg shells for our Carscerones (it seems I never make enough!)

I'm thinking of putting our Easter books out in basket to read. I only have 3 or 4 so I might try to buy some more. We really enjoy our Christmas Book Basket.

I'm looking for a branch to paint white and make a Easter Tree - to hang eggs from and FHE handouts

Thinking about what Pinata we might like this year: not like our chicken one, the stripey egg one was much more Politically Correct

Make  soft pretzels

Make  Palm Crosses

Make Hot Cross Buns

I'll be following this list for religious activities/ideas for each day for the week leading up to Easter.

Do you have any other ideas for me? 

An Easter Countdown Chain might be fun.

1 comment:

BindiM said...

Have you seen this tutorial on silk dyed eggs? I just came across it and thought of you! http://www.ourbestbites.com/2009/03/silk-dyed-eggs-aka-tie-dyed/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...