Sunday, May 3, 2015

FHE Lesson {Mothers}



Mothers Day is coming up and I think we can all do with a little reminder to love our mothers more.
 
Opening Song: Mother Dear #206

Opening Prayer: Mommy

Lesson: Daddy

Scripture:And they rehearsed unto me the words of their mothers, saying: We do not doubt our mothers knew it. (Alma 56:48)

Lesson:
Have your family take turns sharing favourite memories about their mother or grandmother.
What do you love most about your mum?
If you have them, look at photos of the women in your family.


Why do we have mothers? 
Why are mothers so special? 
Did Jesus have a mother? (Show gospel Art picture kit picture 242) 
How did he treat his mother?
How can you (child) show your mother you love her? 


What special day is happening in one week?
Go through ideas or plans on how you plan to celebrate.

How can we act like it is Mothers Day all year round?


Activity:
Write/draw on a heart shape something child/husband will do for mother this coming week.
OR
Share the poem My Mothers Hands from May 2010 Friend Magazine. 
Cut out handprint shapes and write on things/service the children can do to be like mothers hands


Closing Song:  The Dearest Names #208

Closing Prayer: Mommy

Treat:
Mum's favourite dessert

Music: “Dearest Mother, I Love You” (Children’s Songbook, 206)
Music: “I Often Go Walking” (Children’s Songbook, 202)
Music: “Love Is Spoken Here” (Children’s Songbook, 190)
Music: “Mother Dear” (Children’s Songbook, 206)
Music: “Mother, Tell Me the Story” (Children’s Songbook, 204)
Music: “Mother, I Love You” (Children’s Songbook, 207)
Music: “Quickly I’ll Obey” (Children’s Songbook, 197)
Music: “The Dearest Names” (Children’s Songbook, 208)



***
Mothers in The Scriptures May 2008 Friend Magazine
Mothers in the Scriptures

There are many mothers mentioned in the scriptures. Can you match their descriptions with their names and the names of their sons? If you need help, turn to the scripture references provided

1. The Lord told my husband in a dream that Jerusalem would be destroyed. My sons went back to Jerusalem to obtain the brass plates. (See 1 Nephi 1:18; 2:5; 3–4.) {Sariah Mother of Nephi} 

2. I promised the Lord that if I had a son, he would serve the Lord. My son grew up in the temple and became a prophet. (See 1 Samuel 1:9–11, 20, 27–28.) {Hannah Mother of Samuel} 

3. I did not have any children until I was very old. My son baptized Jesus Christ in the Jordan River. (See Luke 1:57–60; Matthew 3:13–17.) {Elisabeth Mother of John the Baptist} 

4. I was called “blessed” by an angel of the Lord. My son became the Savior of the world. (See Luke 1:27–28, 31–32.) {Mary Mother of Jesus} 

5. My husband, Abraham, was commanded by the Lord to sacrifice my son. (See Genesis 21:3; 22:1–18.) {Sarah Mother of Issac} 

6. I saved my baby son from the pharaoh by putting him in a basket in the river. He later led the Israelites to the promised land. (See Exodus 2:1–9;3:1–10; 6:20.) {Jochebed Mother of Moses}












No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...